Funk Flex Unloads On Drake
Drake invited a fight with Funk Flex when he demanded Hot 97 fire him.
Last night, as promised, the veteran radio man fired back, unloading his Drake file on his radio show.
Check out his some of his allegations against Drizzy:
1. He disparaged Drake’s fan base, saying “70 percent of your fans wear high heels. The other 30 percent are guys who wear sandals.”
2. He said Drake was the one who leaked the’ R.I.C.O.’ reference track which started the whole Quentin Miller controversy. Funk believes Drake did so because he had heard chatter that he had subliminally dissed Meek on ‘R.I.C.O’, and wanted to prove it wasn’t him it was the ghostwriter to avoid any heat from Mill.
3. He said Drake can’t be a top five emcee because he doesn’t write his own material. (But acknowledged he’s a good entertainer.)
4. He said it was Drake’s camp which insisted video of his notorious 2009 Hot 97 Blackberry freestyle be released. Funk claims OVO was playing the long game there, even though the video showed Drizzy was bad at freestyling. “You wanted people to think that you wrote your bars. Because you knew the day would come when people might see and question your pen,” Flex explained.
5. He alleges Drake pays Future to go on tour with him, because the partnership gives him street cred.
6. He said that Drake wasn’t injured by a punch in his 2014 scrap with Diddy. Instead, his arm was in a sling because his security guard ripped it out of the socket while trying to pull him away from the conflict.
Listen to the full segment here:
Drake has fired back by questioning Flex’s coolness.
Drake getting at funk flex again pic.twitter.com/S0y1IYICeT
— DJ Akademiks (@IamAkademiks) August 7, 2016